Skip to main content

The SW30: Day 15 ~ Narrate a Conversation Between You and Someone In Your Life (With Whom You Never Had Closure)

I really want to complete this entire challenge but I was kind of struggling with this prompt.

In one way or another, I feel that I've been able to get closure with everyone that I really wanted or [thought I] needed to. So I decided to offer my two cents on closure & forgiveness.

I realize that every situation won't exactly end the way that you or I would prefer. If you're like me, you want things to be clear-cut. . . no lingering questions. The decisions are final! The situation is harmonious and the parties involved are all on the same page.

Life's not always like that though.

Sometimes friendships or relationships end and someone's left feeling hurt. Sometimes individuals just grow apart.

People! Please don't limit yourself to the things that (you feel) people have done to you!  Look at each experience as an opportunity to grow! That might sound crazy but think about it.  What did this situation teach you? What are some things that you'll pay attention to, in the future?  I'm sure you'll be able to find something.  You may not be able to change the past but you have the power to decide how it will affect your future.  You are more than the situations you've faced!  And God is able to bring healing to your heart and spirit.

Don't be bitter. Be better!

Something that I've learned and truly believe is that FORGIVENESS is always right!  Even if you don't receive ~ the answer to your burning questions... clarity to rid you of confusion or an apology to replace your pain and disappointment, I pray that you can find it in your heart to forgive.

Holding on to a grudge is dangerous. We can be so focused on wanting to get revenge that we actually make ourselves physically sick! Nobody is worth that.  Look after yourself!  And remember-> the more important thing is that God is not pleased with that mindset. . . We're supposed to show love.

That does not mean that you have to be best friends with someone who's hurt you in the past but you should be respectful, civil. *Sometimes it's necessary to modify boundaries and expectations.*

If you say that you've forgiven someone, I hope that you really mean it. You aren't authentically forgiving someone if you bring up everything they've done wrong- whenever you get a chance. Forgive them and let it (your past issue) go!

What good will it do you to dwell on a negative thought or feeling? (NONE!)

And if you realize that you've done someone wrong, I hope that you are brave enough to ask for forgiveness.

It really can make a world of difference.

Click Here to learn more about "The SW30"- The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge!

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik