Skip to main content

Strawberry Lemonade

{Random right? Just bear with me. . .}

As you know, life is filled with a variety of experiences! We all are guaranteed to deal with highs and lows. One day, we may feel like we're on top of the world but the rug could be yanked from under our feet, on the next.

I just want to encourage you to keep things in perspective.

You've heard the phrase, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Yeah... okay *rolling eyes*.

Personally, I very rarely buy regular lemonade.  HOWEVER, I will say-> Auntie Anne's old-fashioned lemonade is the bomb :-p.

When I think of lemons, the first thing that comes to mind is the tartness of the fruit. The taste is powerful and not exactly pleasant. I bet your face is scrunched up- just thinking about it.

We're able to add water and sugar in order to make a sweeter beverage and then it becomes something that we enjoy. You see the transition??? Something that we didn't like or weren't fond of (at first) can be transformed into something that we appreciate.

This is how life can be. When we're faced with hard times- circumstances that seem hurtful or disappointing, the initial "taste" is unpleasant- bitter... sour. While the overall situation may be out of our control, we have the ability to change how we perceive it & make a conscious decision about how we want to approach it.

*Focus* Are you paying more attention to the problems in your life or the God that you know can solve them? Psalm 34:3 says, "O magnify the Lord [with me]." Have you thought about what that really means? Magnify- (v.) to make greater or enlarge; to praise or glorify
What are you magnifying??? 

It's easy for you to feel overwhelmed if you're trying to compare the intensity of your issues to your own strength. 1Peter 5:7 instructs us to give our problems to the Lord because He cares for us. You're not alone! You can give Jesus your issues and trust Him to work them out. Don't you know that there's nothing too hard for him?!

The title track of Tye Tribbett's newest album {Greater Than} is a great reminder of His power!

"Our God does the impossible. Our God performs miracles. Our God can bring light out of darkness. And our God- He can breathe life into death. Who can stand against us... if our God is for us? Nothing in this world could ever win. For He is greater than anything!"

*Add your ingredients* Let's go back. The issues of life are represented by the lemon. They're bitter- maybe even painful but if you combine the right things, you can make something delicious and refreshing.

I mentioned in an earlier post that God is known for bringing the right people in your life- when you need them. Cherish the folks that you KNOW are in your corner. These people will tell you what you need to hear- not what [they think] you want to hear. Accept their offers of help, advice and support. What you actually are receiving is the love that motivates their actions.

Something else that you can add is the Word of God. It contains the answers to life's questions. If you want a manual for living holy, read it prayerfully and allow it to speak to your heart. Psalms 119:105 says that it will light our path.

Your ingredients-> God, loved ones and the Word are the equivalent to whatever else you want to add in order to make your lemonade (sugar, fruit, etc.). You're on the right track!

*Stir mixture well* Okay people.  It's easy to think- "I know what ingredients I'm using so I'm straight" but if you've ever prepared a meal, you know that it's always good to test it out. Make sure it tastes the way that you want. If not, you may need to make adjustments.  

Say that you're facing a situation. You've talked to friends or loved ones. You've even read your Word and prayed to God but things aren't changing. It's quite possible that God is not changing the situation because He wants to change you. Please be willing to follow His lead. He won't steer you wrong! Pray for Him to have His way-> to work in and through you and you might just be amazed! God can open your understanding and provide clarity... give you wisdom so that you can make good decisions.  After a while, your lemonade will be just right!

So. . . don't get too upset when life throws you lemons. Realize that it is just another opportunity for you to learn and grow! No- trials aren't fun but if you have the right mindset, the knowledge and wisdom that you gain will be priceless! What originally brought you tears of sorrow can spark joyful ones when you come through the situation and realize that it has worked out for your good!

Your situation may have caused you to fully rely on God. That's what He really wants. . . for us to trust and serve Him. Let His goodness be revealed in your life as He transforms life's lemons into a refreshing glass of lemonade.

"...glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." {Romans 5:3-5, KJV}

"The worst thing in my whole life. . . became the most beautiful thing."

By the way. . . I'm using my experiences to make Strawberry and Basil Lemonade. ;-)

Comments

  1. Kara this is awesome. Sure, many people have heard this cliche, but how many have actually broken this down. I especially love how you reminded us that if the situation hasn't changed maybe it's us who needs to change. Will be reviewing my own ingredients. Thanks for always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mo! I'm glad you enjoyed it :-). We should all do that (review the ingredients) ;-).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik