Skip to main content

34 {It Keeps Happening}


**Disclaimer: I wrote this letter to myself but I hope that as you read it, you’re encouraged and inspired to reflect on your own life… Give yourself credit for the progress you’ve made (or give yourself permission to dream again). See how far you’ve come & be grateful for all that God has done for you!🙏🏾💛

Dear Kara,


I know I don’t say it enough. . . Please know that I truly am proud of you!


You’ve made *obeying God* your life’s goal & you are experiencing the manifestation of His faithfulness. Almost 3 years ago, you moved to Texas with only a large suitcase, a duffel bag, and a backpack! You didn’t have a job or place to live but you came and made the best out of your circumstances… You literally moved by faith! God opened doors, made ways, and continues to show Himself strong, in your life!


You have certainly faced hard times & disappointments but you are still here! Just in the last year, situations arose and made you question your value. However, you were reminded that God has created you to operate from a place of LOVE. The people who are meant to be in your life will not only appreciate this about you but will reciprocate the same love and concern you show to them. 🎶Be Yourself {Wande}🎶


Reflecting on the last few months should prove that God is definitely with you and you have heard Him- for sure! Last October, He assured you that your life was about to change and I think that’s an understatement😊


May was a month to remember! With the encouragement and support of loved ones, you started Graduate School! After your first week of classes, you ended up getting a (much-needed) new car! {The Lord & Cuddy (if you know, you know😉) came through for you!} Two weeks later, you moved into your first/own apartment! Even during that process, you were amazed as God used your friends and family to encourage & support you in ways that you never imagined! 🎶You are blessed! {Rachael Lampa}🎶


Yes… Things have changed and I believe more changes are on the way. Be open to that. 🎶It Keeps Happening {Kierra Sheard}🎶


Recently, you’ve become even more intentional about stepping out of your comfort zone- meeting new people, trying new things, and it’s paying off! Pursue endeavors that will add to your growth and transformation. Don’t shrink down or hide. Let people see exactly who you are and what you have to offer. Continue to be a blessing while also maintaining healthy boundaries. Remind yourself. . . 🎶I Was Created For This {Tweet}🎶


I know some things may seem like they’re taking longer than you expected and some situations are more challenging than you thought they’d be but remember… God has a plan! What He has for you IS for you.


🎶It shall come to pass {Hezekiah Walker}🎶


Keep the faith!


Happy Birthday!🎉

If you’d like to help me celebrate this new chapter, feel free to visit my registry 😊.

Kara’s New Chapter - Amazon Custom Gift List




Comments

  1. What a boss, if you thought last year was great just imagine what god has in store for you this next year. So glad for my grad school buddy! Happy birthday 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww- thank you so much! And I’m with you… simply expecting great things! I appreciate you!💛

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!!! This was wonderful! So inspiring, motivating and encouraging! I loved how you included the song titles...now I have to go listen to them, especially the ones I don't already know! I am so very proud of you, who you are, and what God has allowed you to do. Continue to "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mom!☺️ Enjoy the songs too lol. Love you!💛

      Delete
  3. Thank you Kara for sharing your walk with Christ through this letter. That goal is phenomenal and as someone just fully immersing into his will, this letter speaks volumes. I felt those highs and lows.

    You are created for a time like this exactly as you are. Never give up your transformation, because Jesus never gave up on you. You are a ball of fire that will turn the hearts of thousands to Christ. Thanks for resparking my conviction in this process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww- thanks so much for reading & for your encouraging words! I pray that you’ll remain inspired & encouraged throughout your journey/walk with Him as well!🙏🏾

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik