Skip to main content

Losing the Weight. . .



I almost always start my blog posts with the title. . . So, when this one came to me, I knew I had to get on it (quickly) but it almost made me laugh.

I've been saying for the last few months that I am at my heaviest weight ever- right now. It's actually been really annoying and upsetting for me. I started running out of clothes to wear but I didn't want to face reality and buy clothes in larger sizes either. Ugh!

Common sense tells us that if we don't like the way things are, we probably need to change our behaviors. In this case, I needed (and have started) to examine what I'm eating, make wiser choices and implement more physical activities.

In case you didn't know, excess weight can cause a variety of complications when it comes down to your health. This article offers a comprehensive list. One of the most significant risks that we hear about has to do with the condition of the heart.

"As it is in the natural, so it is in the spiritual."

In the last couple of weeks, God has really been dealing with me about the condition of the heart. Often times, we try to measure how good of a Christian someone is by taking into account things like their church attendance, the number of scriptures that they can quote, and how long they shout. However, I truly believe that the success or failure of our relationship with Jesus boils down to obedience.

We know that "sin is bad" but do we really know what sin is? One definition is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. Another definition says that it is a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.

Last week, one of my close friends mentioned how important it is to obey God. Her point was that if God tells us to do something and we choose not to do it, we are then committing a sin because we're disregarding His instructions. How deep is that? A lot of times, people think that you have to do something (cuss, steal, kill, etc.) in order to be in sin but in this case, NOT doing something is just as bad.

If we get to the place where it is hard to obey God, it's probably worth checking out our heart. {Luke 10:27; 2 Corinthians 13:5} Sometimes we have excess weight that starts to surround and weaken our heart. It could be anything(!)- doubt, fear, jealousy, hatred, anger, etc.

So how do we deal with this?

Hebrews 12:1(b) gives us clear instructions! "...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us..."

This is the thing-> sometimes we need to address or get rid of things in our lives that may not necessarily be flat out sins. It's like dealing with junk food. It's available to us but we decide whether or not we're going to eat it. The more we eat unhealthy food, the more likely we are to gain weight and eventually put ourselves in danger. 

If we develop spiritually unhealthy habits/traits and don't address them, our HEART will suffer and our body will eventually break down.

I believe that God has a purpose for all of us. Yes- He is sovereign but I encourage you to work towards being a willing vessel that is *fit* for His use. If our heart is filled with things that aren't like God, how can we expect to bring glory to His name???

Just recently, I realized that there are some issues with my own heart that I need to address and you better believe, I'm working on it! I pray that you'll do the same. Please recognize that even 'small things' can affect your heart's health (acquaintances/friendships, music, tv, etc. . .) so choose whatever you're taking in-> WISELY!

As you recognize the things that are jeopardizing your health, cast them on to the Lord. He will carry your burdens and deliver you into a life of freedom! A few days ago, I wrote this prayer with the Daily Dose of Love (#DailyDoseLove) for Ladies of Virtue. . . Empowered! I hope it encourages you! 

Lord, I want my heart to be a place where only (Your) Love resides. Please reveal to me and [help me to] remove anything that is not like You. Allow me to be a willing vessel that is *fit* for Your use. And let my actions be filled with sincerity. Amen.


Comments

  1. Lay aside the sin and the weight...
    Beautifully written and captured from the Spirit of God!
    I'm beyond grateful to experience your obedience in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I told you, I'm trying ;). Your prayers and support are very much appreciated <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik