Skip to main content

25 Lessons

You really can learn something new- every day, if you pay attention :-).

With my 25th birthday coming up (on Sunday!), I've been reflecting over my life (as always lol).  I've learned many things, through a variety of experiences and  I just want to share some of those lessons with you.  I hope this list encourages you and makes you think.  Here goes. . .

25 Lessons

1) God is God. . . by Himself! There's no such thing as 'helping Him.'  Let Him simply work in your life!
2) Every person in your life serves a purpose. We've all heard the season, reason, lifetime analysis.  We can learn from everybody that we encounter.  Some people I've grown incredibly close to or simply learned from, while others have shown me exactly what I do NOT want to become!  
3) "Please" and "thank you" will NEVER get old.
These words can totally change the way that someone receives what you're saying.  I try to thank people for everything- holding the door for me, providing me with helpful information- just whatever!  And I never want to boss people around (unless I'm dealing with my siblings :-p).

4) Trust your instincts! *especially if you have an active prayer life.*  I truly believe that sometimes God gives us a little nudge or inkling about things. . . pay attention to it!

5) You'll never accomplish things- living in fear.  Replace it with faith and you can do anything!

6) You HAVE to know God for yourself! Please realize that you can't get to Heaven on the prayers of somebody else. When I was younger, I thought I could automatically "get in" because my father's a pastor, my family's always been involved in the church, etc.  I'm so grateful for a pastor and parents who told me the truth! You have to establish your own- **SINCERE** relationship with God!

7) Hypocrites will always exist but you can show people what it means to truly live for God.  It's not impossible to live a holy life. . . If that was the case, God wouldn't instruct us to.  *Think about it*

8) If you feel the need to make excuses for behaviors (your own or other people's), you know it's wrong/inappropriate. Just cut it out/nip it at the bud!

9) Let your life speak for you!  Well. . . it will- whether you think so or not.  Give people the opportunity to learn what you're about but just remember~> a (truly) humble person will not [feel the need to] announce their humility. 

10) This life is not about me (or you)! You won't get everything you want but God is there to supply our needs.  I keep reminding myself of this fact, "In life, people will disappoint us; we'll face challenges... but in the midst of this, God is ALWAYS faithful & able to strengthen us!" 

11) We all can use a support system. Sometimes we just need an extra word of encouragement, a hug or just the reassurance that people are in our corner.

12) Appreciate the simple things aka BE GRATEFUL!

13) Read the Word for yourself.  You'll be amazed!  So many Christians are in a state of confusion because their pastors' "sermons" are filled with slang, the latest catch phrases and song lyrics.  That stuff won't get you into Heaven; obeying the Word of God will!

14) You are what you. . . expose yourself to. Consider what you're 'feeding' yourself- the music you listen to, the shows you watch, the conversations you have.  Are they reflecting your values?  My uncle broke it down like this. . .1)Whatever it is can enter through our eyes or ears. 2) It then travels to our heart. 3)If it grows there, it will come out through our mouth or actions.  Deep- I know! 

15) You don't  have to speak every little thing that crosses your mind! (I'm leaving that one alone!)

16) It's great to take care of others but you MUST take care of yourself.  You can't be helpful to others if you're wearing yourself out.  Take time to just breathe and rest!

17) If you respect yourself, people are more likely to respect you.  A lot of times people will approach you based on the way you carry yourself.

18) All people aren't nice but YOU should be nice to all people.  You never know how things could play out in the future.

19) When it comes down to asking for/receiving advice, please consider the source!  If you knew that your friend couldn't boil water, would you bother asking them for cooking lessons?

20) In life, people will hurt you but *you* have the choice of becoming bitter or BETTER!

21) By helping others, you may find out that you've helped yourself. 

22) Quality OVER quantity-> ALWAYS!!!! Doing the most does not always equal doing the best.

23) People will either enhance your life or contaminate it.  Choose your friends wisely.

24) It's okay to say "no." You can't do everything and sometimes you just need a break.

25) You've been created for a reason!  God has a plan for your life and He'll never leave you.  Trust Him with your life and watch Him amaze you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik