Skip to main content

All of This is Not By Chance (aka Worth It)

I feel like I need to include a disclaimer: In no way am I trying to brag🙈. I simply want to share my experiences as they relate to obeying God and allowing Him to reveal Himself.
------

"My life is so random!" Ask my friends and they'll tell you that they've heard me say that a million times (haha!). . . However, in the last few months, I've been reminded that there actually may not be such things as coincidences.

Romans 8:28 tells us, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." More and more, I'm seeing this to be true.

If you are questioning whether living for God/making yourself available to Him is "worth it," I want to assure you that there is nothing more fulfilling.

I truly believe that by making the decision to allow God to get the glory out of my life, I've been blessed to make connections/establish friendships and experience things that I probably otherwise wouldn't have.

In November, I hosted L.O.V.E.'s Outlet- a gathering for women to express themselves and encourage one another while gaining strength from our discussions and the Word of God. It was amazing! (Visit Ladies of Virtue. . . Empowered! on Facebook) While I knew quite a few of the ladies already, there were more who I connected with- that night. After the event, one woman asked if I would consider speaking to a group at her church. I encouraged her to run it by her pastor and get back to me. Another participant came up to me and told me how much she enjoyed herself/that she was looking forward to the next Outlet. When I told her that I wanted to find another venue, she quickly suggested that I reach out to her boss and see if we could use a space in their building. "You could probably use it for free," she said. I kind of laughed it off but told her I'd think about it.

Don't you know? I called her boss, scheduled a meeting and they did, in fact offer the space to me-> absolutely FREE! I was no good and before I pulled out of the parking lot, I already knew that I wanted to do something to be a blessing to them. Knowing that they serve young children and their families, I considered the idea of donating baby items. I reached out to my friend and the center's director and we decided to move forward with The L.O.V.E. Drive. I didn't know what to expect but as my living room started to fill up with diapers and baby wipes, I knew that God was going to answer my prayer. I specifically prayed that I would be overwhelmed by people's generosity and that's exactly what happened. When it was all said and done, we were able to deliver over 1,300 diapers, baby wipes, and other items! Wow!

Remember-> This took place because I originally prayed for a way for L.O.V.E. to be a blessing to this center and its families!

Fast-forwarding to a few months after the drive, I heard from the woman who approached me about speaking to the group at her church. While I can't give specifics, I will say that that night was one of the most inspiring and encouraging experiences I've ever had. From dinner and the actual discussion. . . to the after-meeting conversations that I was able to have with the ladies and some of the ministry's team leaders. If ever I needed to be reassured of the fact that God was/is with me, it was that night!

When I got home, I shared this with my Facebook friends. . .

That same (Friday) night, I ended up getting a phone call from one of my former youth leaders who asked me to take over her group (that I participated in from the 7th to 12th grade). I was so overwhelmed that I told her I would think about it and call her back on Sunday. I hung up and suddenly had ideas just running through my mind. I spoke to my father/pastor who simply said, "Sounds good" and decided to call her right back.

The thing that I'd love for people to realize is that these things weren't necessarily specific goals of mine or positions that I was working towards. I simply (have) wanted God to be able to use me however He sees fit.

Life as a young person who is striving to live holy is not always easy or without its share of struggles but time after time, I've been reminded that my strength is in God. A sincere heart and strong determination are an awesome foundation. . . A humble and teachable spirit goes a long way too and I have been truly blessed to have awesome mentors and supporters who encourage me, speak life into me, tell me the TRUTH, and support my endeavors. 

I just want to pay it forward. The women that I've had in my corner. . . I want to continue to do that/be that person for young girls and even my peers. 

Sometimes we may feel like nobody sees or acknowledge our work/effort but I hope you'll be encouraged! You NEVER know who is watching and how the smallest action may have had the greatest impact. Even if no one on Earth recognizes your good deeds, remember that God sees and knows all.

"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister." (Hebrews 6:10)

In the last few months, a variety of people have stopped me to thank me for something that I posted on social media, to inquire about my projects (that I didn't even realize they knew anything about), and just to let me know that they appreciated the type of person that I am. Rather than having an ego trip, I sincerely just feel grateful.

I'm grateful that even when I wasn't sure why I felt so strongly about it, I moved and continue to move forward with L.O.V.E.! I'm grateful that I didn't allow fear to stop me from meeting new sisters in Christ and sharing my heart with them- even when I didn't feel qualified or confident enough to do so. I'm grateful to have people in my life who continue to build me up! Most of all, I'm grateful to know that God is Real and that He continues to reveal Himself in my life!

My prayer for you is that you would develop a heart of obedience and compassion. . . that your love for God would prompt you to obey Him- even if His instructions seem random. Realize that He will equip you to accomplish His Will. And even if people don't say a word, strive to let your life and actions be a blessing to others. All of your "random" experiences are not by chance. God can still get the glory. . .

It is ALL WORTH IT!



Comments

  1. Beautifully written and expressed. Yes it's all worth it. Continue to be a beacon of light and an active witness that God is the joy, strength, and love that's unfailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words & constant encouragement! I will certainly try💛. Love you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unexpected Temptation

I know. . . It's been time for me to write something new.🙈 However, coming across this video from Jackie Hill Perry to prompted me to actually get this post out. One line pierced my heart. "When you have a gift that involves words, one of the ways the enemy will tempt you is to be silent." Wow!  I hone stly think silence is one of the last things that comes to mind when people think of temptation. According to Oxford Languages, the definition of temptation is  the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. I can hear someone asking, "How can silence be wrong or unwise?"  Oh. . . Hold on for just a minute and it will come together. There are times when our obedience [to speak] may be the key to someone else's blessing . Your words and actions could essentially provide healing for your brother or sister in Christ! In the book of Revelation, we read, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony..

Let It Go {One Year of Freedom}

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1 (KJV)  **If you don't get anything else out of this post, I pray that you realize. . . you really can do all things through Christ - especially when your desire is to please Him! He will strengthen you to walk uprightly before Him.** ---------- Believe me when I say. . . Knowing what you need to do is very  different from actually doing it. Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know is right. That's where I found myself, in November and December of 2022. Let me take you back. . . As a single woman (just in case anybody needs clarification 😉), I was opening myself up to meeting guys and getting to know them when I crossed paths with  Royal . Initially, we seemed to have quite a few things in common: faith, a desire to serve our communities, a strong love for our families, and. . . a way with words. (*insert face

Hydrangea Revelations

 A few months ago, I brought home a hydrangea bush. Now. . . don't be deceived or confused. I do NOT claim to have a green thumb.🤣 However, I'm proud to say that I've managed not to completely kill the entire thing. This plant has honestly brought a couple of lessons or revelations to the forefront of my mind. . . A good while ago, I completely fell off of any sort of watering schedule. One night, I walked into my living room and every leap was drooping. The plant just looked sad! My immediate thought was to throw the whole thing away. Instead, I thought again. . . I decided to water it & see what would happen in the morning. The next day, I walked out and it looked new!  Everything was upright!  Job 14:7-9 came to mind. . . "At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail. Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water, it will bud and put forth shoots lik